Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_7_] Peter T[_7_] is offline

Default Saving/updating an Excel(xlam) add-in

wrote in message
Hello,

I have an Excel(xlam) add-in that I want to update, which I do from VBA
projects

I expect that xlam file will be saved with the update I have done when I
save the VBA project

But it seems that it doesn't always happen and the xlam is not updated.
The weird think is that I am quite sure that it worked well some time ago

I am certain that I look at the right xlam file

Office 2013 , W7

Any idea?

Avi

Most likely you are hitting the save button in the VBE thinking your addin
is the activeproject because one of it's modules is visible and apparently
active. However the activeproject is the one that's selected in the project
explorer window, easy to confuse.

To be sure you are saving the right project, in the immediate window do
?thisworkbook.Name 'and hit enter
and if what you think it is then do
thisworkbook.save ' and hit enter

While developing maybe include something like this (in the thisworkbook
module)

'If gbDebug Then
If Not Me.Saved Then
If MsgBox("Do you want to save " & Me.Name, vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
Me.Save
' End If

Peter T