dyfink dyfink is offline
Junior Member

Here is an active link to the code: http://www.dafaweek.com/hebcal/hebcalvb6.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I don't suppose you'd be able to post the code here? The Geocities website no longer exists, so I can't get the code from there, and I need to do this task too!
Thanks
Jen
On Thursday, 6 August 2009 13:51:01 UTC+10, JLatham wrote:
Rather than take credit (or blame) for this, I'll point you to a site I found
with code to do Gregorian to Hebrew and Hebrew to Gregorian date conversions:

http://www.geocities.com/DafAWeek/HebCalVb6.html

To put the code into your workbook: Open the workbook. Press [Alt]+[F11] to
open the VB Editor. Use Insert -- Module to create a new code module. Copy
the code from the web site into the module. Close the VB Editor.

To use it, easiest to choose a column next to your list of dates and
(assuming your list is in column A and begins on row 2), in another column on
row 2, put the formula:
=DateToHeb(A2)
it will actually show up as =datetoheb(A2) in the formula bar. Anyhow, the
Hebrew calendar day will appear in the cell where you put that formula.

I have tried the code, it works without any runtime error, but I have not
verified the accuracy of the results. There are numerous online
Gregorian-to-Hebrew calendar sites (search for 'convert gregorian to hebrew'
to get a list), so you can enter some of your dates in them and see if their
results verify what the formula has provided.
Hope this helps.

"Joe Golden" wrote:

I have an excel table of dates of death that I need to convert to Hebrew
calendar preferably in a single column formula which then can be exported to
Word for letters to relatives each year for yahrzeit reminders..