Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Offset from an Application.Goto cell = Date or Time

I believe I can adapt Scan_In_Check if you could make Sub
Scan_Out_Check() a fully operating macro that will remove the data
from the Sheet UI column D to column K (which it already does) and
include a working replacement for GoTo.

There is no 'working replacement' for GoTo! You have not explained why
it needs to be there and so I excluded it because it has no bearing on
code being executed.

The scan out time column on
Jun 14 sheet for each employee ID starts 1 column right and the first
empty cell below row five. (there are no blanks in that column, row
6 to row 1.4 mill.

The file download you linked to has headings in row4 on 'Jun 14', and
data starts in row5. Regardless, a better design wouldn't need a row
number as new data would be inserted at the next row below existing
data (normally speaking). This is why I suggested a restructure of the
project's design.

Month sheets appear to be identical and so should be inserted using a
'master' template, when/as needed. It should implement local scope
named ranges which lists (col data) should be dynamic, and positions
(col headers) should be col-absolute/row-relative. Code can ref this
without using hard=coded addresses or target sheetnames.

IMO, this is a 3-sheet core project that should be able to generate
month sheets as/when needed. (Though I don't see here why it can't use
year sheets with month groupings)

I think the change_event code needs some tweaking if I read you
reply correctly. That would be helpful also.

The project file I have doesn't have a change_event. Also, Sub MyCheck
is in the ThisWorkbook component and Module1 is empty. What would
really be helpful is if we both are working with the same version of
the project!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!