Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Change_Event target either of two cells

Almost there but now I can't figure out the last pesky problem/s.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knm4fawt21...p%20Box.xl sm

I include a link as I doubt if I can fully explain the problem without it.

With the workbook as sent, on sheet "Jun 14" is an example of what is happening well and what is not happening well.

There are two rows that have correctly posted data with the date and time for scan in and for scan out. The next two where only are Z23 and Z24 posted, and that is where the problem in the code is.

If working correctly, on sheet UI scan in Z23 and then Z24. Columns B, C & D will display the data for Z23 and Z24. And the data will also be copied to sheet Jun 14 along with a date and time scanned in. This works.

Now scan Z23 and Z24 out in J5, Z23 and Z24 and the data on sheet UI is moved to columns I, J & K. And on sheet Jun 14 the date and time of the scan out is displayed. This works also.

Now with B5 if you scan Z23 and Z24 in again the data from I, J and K should go back to B, C and D. And the data should also display below the existing data on sheet Jun 14 along with the date and time Z23 and Z24 were re scanned in. Now it only brings the Z23 and Z24 with no data or scan in time stamp. Can't understand why this is not repeatable if it can do it one correctly but only once.

I think I also have the wrong code to place the time stamps. The time stamps need come from code that offset from the Z number and not from an ".xl(up)(2)" because there will certainly be fully occupied rows below an entry that needs a scan out date and time.

Another problem looming is if an employee scans in on one month and then scans out the next month... I have no clue how to get the scan out time stamp back to the previous month. That seems formidable to me.

Thanks for any advice or help you can offer.

Howard