goodguy

Default User-defined functions created in Excel 2000 fail in Excel 2003

I created a lot of user-defined functions in Excel2000 and I access them
from an .xla file (add-in). I frequently send my workbooks to
colleagues using Excel2000, but I intentionally have not supplied to
them the .xla file. If they do not edit their copy of the workbook,
the user functions display the last-saved results properly. If my
colleagues make edits to cells that affect the user functions, the user
functions fail with #NAME etc. This is good because it prevents my
colleagues from modifying and resaving my workbooks.

However, a colleague now has Excel 2003, and on his machine the user
functions immediately fail (cells display #NAME etc) when the workbook
is opened.

Obviously the problem has something to do with Excel 2003. Any
thoughts how to fix this?

--
goodguy