Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Find dupes, list in MsgBox with cell.address convert ws wide code to one sheet

Hi Garry,

Am Sun, 25 May 2014 18:50:40 -0400 schrieb GS:

I'm thinking that once the dictionary is loaded, you don't need to
use CountIf/Find since relooping the array for items already in the
dictionary can returns the item plus Cells(i, "T").Address. This
would be orders of magnitude faster if the list is lengthy with
lots of dupes!

can you please explain a little further. Howard wants to list the
dupes with the addresses. The dictionary gives me all items but I
don't know if these items occur only once or more in column T.

Regards
Claus B.

Ok, I'm thinking that the dictionary contains 'unique' items only and
so rather than searching the worksheet via CountIf/Find you could just
query the dictionary (by relooping the array) to see if the item
exists. If so then it's value is already found and its address is the
row of colT that aligns with the array index.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc