Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] hddofut@aol.com is offline

Default Counting Bordered Cells

Complete VBA noob.

I have created a module in VBA and have tried the following to count cells in a range on one sheet that have four sides bordered and have the count results in a cell on another sheet.
Line style and color do not matter.

Function CountBrd(rng As Range)

Dim i As Integer
Dim cell As Range
i = 0
For Each cell In rng

If cell.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle < xlLineStyleNone
AndIf cell.Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineStyle < xlLineStyleNone
AndIf cell.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle < xlLineStyleNone
AndIf cell.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle < xlLineStyleNone

Then
i = i + 1
End If
Next

CountBrd = i

End Function

On another sheet in a cell I have =CountBrd("Sheetname""Range")

I get a couple of syntax errors and since I know zero about this I come to you for help.