Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default problems getting this macro to work

I just ran my procedure for something I was working on and it 'clicked'
I forgot to mention/example that the sSavePath$ arg should include the
'root' filename, meaning no extension. The calling procedure assembles
this to the new path before passing it in. I deliberately made it this
way so I could rename files on the fly...

Original filename: MyFile.xls
Revised filename...

Dim vTmp
'...code
vTmp = Split(ActiveWorkbook.FullName, ".")
Call TimeStampFile(, vTmp(0) & "-Final")

...and the name/time stamp gets appended to the revised root filename.

I see I also didn't revise for your time stamp custom format.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc