Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Search an array of sheets for an array of numbers & return countof numbers

Sub WSnNumCount3()

Dim vNumsToCount, vShtsToSearch

Dim rng As Range, n&, j&, k&

With Sheets("Sheet1")

vNumsToCount = .Range("A2:B10")

vShtsToSearch = .Range("C2:C6")

End With

For n = LBound(vNumsToCount) To UBound(vNumsToCount)

For k = LBound(vShtsToSearch) To UBound(vShtsToSearch)

Set rng = Sheets(vShtsToSearch(k, 1)).UsedRange

j = j + WorksheetFunction.CountIf(rng, vNumsToCount(n, 1))

Next 'k

vNumsToCount(n, 2) = j: j = 0

Next 'n

' Range("A2:B10") = vNumsToCount

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").Resize(UBound(vNumsTo Count), 1) _

= Application.Index(vNumsToCount, 0, 2)

Garry

So 1st row, 2nd col is arr(1,2)!

Okay, I think I see what you are saying.

Seemed like that example was from a pretty good source, but I may well have misconstrued it.

The last code is very nice, I like the 0's (Zeros) if no number if found.

Thanks.
Howard