Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Get a color name from any RGB combination?

What's important is that your solutions meets your needs!

Since I don't have a need for this, I decided to make a generic utility
named "Color Name Manager" that has the following features:

allows you to add, edit, remove, and rename color name data;
uses a comma delimited text file as its data storage;
manages data with standard VB file I/O functions and arrays;
is dialog based;
creates its own menuitem;
has task specific context management for user action controls;
has a simple help system;
finds RGB values for a given name;
finds (existing) names for RGB values;

It's an XLS with its 'IsAddin' property set True so it's hidden when
open, but could be saved as XLA if desired. On first startup it
notifies user of menuitem location in both early/late versions. Also,
the VBA project (2 userforms, 2 modules) is accessible for modifying.

I still have the Rename feature to finish plus write the Help text.
Sorry it's taking longer than initially expected, but I seem to have
discarded my initial listbox based data form sample and so had to start
from scratch!<g I'll keep pluging away at it between other obligations
so it gets done sooner than later, and 'off my plate' for now. Perhaps
we can swap projects<g?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!