Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlotte E.[_3_] Charlotte E.[_3_] is offline

Default Get a color name from any RGB combination?

Wow, I'd really started something here, haven't I? :-)

Really looking forward to your solution...
....the solution I'm trying to implement is to look up the individual RGB
values, within the function itself - not 'smart' or pretty, but it is as
fast as my skills will take me :-)

Thanks for all your inputs ans suggestions.

CE

"GS" wrote in message ...
"GS" wrote in message
If the listview only contains a single column it has the same
appearance and in effect functionality as a treeview that has multiple
root nodes but no branches. Only reason to use a listview in such a
case is for it's capability to add icons to items, as can do with a
treeview.

Ah! So it's the other way around; using listview as a treeview! I don't
think the icon factor makes this worth the trouble for displaying data
in a VBA userform.

No, use a treeview to resemble a listview, albeit for the limited purpose
I described (and can't use aX/ocx controls)

Please have a look at my listbox-based example when I'm done with it.
Though Charlotte's usage only includes 4 fields of data, it can handle
as many fields as a listbox max ColumnCount. This should be more than
ample for a database solution that's flat-table text file based, and
uses standard VB file I/O functions. IMO, that's as simple as it gets
for working with smaller amounts of data. If it does grow large it can
be easily 'dumped' into a SQLite db file and worked with via ADODB.

Can you point me to where it is (or again if as I assume it's linked
somewhere in this long thread!)

I'll be posting a download link (in this thread) for Charlotte *when I'm
done with it*! (As I said, I couldn't find my original project so I'm
redoing it from scratch)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

---
Denne e-mail er fri for virus og malware fordi avast! Antivirus beskyttelse er aktiveret.