Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_7_] Peter T[_7_] is offline

Default Get a color name from any RGB combination?

"GS" wrote in message

Point of it is that neither of those controls can be used after Vista
without installing/registering them, and the latter requires a developer
license. No problem for VB6 apps because I use a manifest and so they run
reg-free. I can do run Excel apps reg-free only for DLLs via
'LoadLibrary', but that doesn't work for OCXs!

AIUI even in XP still had to register but the difference since Vista is the
UAC must be turned off or permission given. Can be done manually, or via cmd
(without turning off the UAC), or with an installer subject to the user
accepting the prompt that appears. I've never looked into RegFree and
manifest, always meant to! However even Regfree won't help with Office
64bit, right?

Seems for VBA the only solution for the old favourite ocx's is to roll your
own. You mentioned listview, was thinking about adapting that one day.

Regards,
Peter T