Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_7_] Peter T[_7_] is offline

Default Get a color name from any RGB combination?

"GS" wrote in message
Thanks for providing more detail!

Your project sounds like it was worth the effort you put into it for its
intended purpose. I feel, though, that this goes far beyond Charlotte's
request and so is why I trimmed out 'the fluff'!<g

Yeah I got carried away with the 'proper' way to do it when the simple way
is probably good enough.

Not sure if you tried the example I posted but if you find any differences
in matches with the JavaScript demo it's because it matches against about
100 additional colours not in the list I referred to.

As for 'it's intended purpose', it's main features worked with the old 56
colour palette in I think novel ways but when 2007 arrived...!

Regards,
Peter T