Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected] trvlnmny@yahoo.com is offline

Default Delete a formula but leave the data.

I am using Excel 2003.
I have a spreadsheet with a column of sequential numbers.
They were created by putting the #1 in A1 and then the formula =A1+1 in all the other cells in that column.
I now have a need to remove some of the rows but I want the remaining rows to keep sequence number that was first assigned.
When I delete a row column A of the successive rows get an Aref error.
I think what I need to do is remove the formula after the numbers have been created.
Is this something that can be done?
Thanks for any and all help.