Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mark Stephens[_4_] Mark Stephens[_4_] is offline

Default One extra x axis item that wont go away - can anyone help?

On Monday, 21 April 2014 15:29:40 UTC+8, Mark Stephens wrote:
Hi there,

I have set up a dynamic chart using named ranges. Here's a description of how it is set up, hopefully when you have seen it in its totality someone will be able to help me get rid of the extra item, I have tried everything I can to no avail.

The source sheet for the chart is on a sheet named Source3 which consists of column A from A1 to A40 numbered 1 to 40. Column 2 contains values populated from and array which clears the existing values before being deposited in column B from B1 to B however many values there are (that's the dynamic bit).

The chart is a simple bar chart in another sheet in the same workbook named CHARTS

I have two named ranges: First Cht3_SRC which is referenced:

=OFFSET(Source3!$B$1,0,0,COUNTA(Source3!$B:$B,1))

And Chart3Labels referenced:

=OFFSET(Source3!ChartValues,0,-1)

My chart works beautifully except that the x axis has one blank item more than it should have (i.e. if the series in Source3 column B has 5 items it shows a chart correct in every respect except that it has a sixth blank item on the x axis.

Can anyone help?

Thanks and regards, Mark

Hi Claus,

Thanks for your speedy reply, unfortunately didn't correct it, kind regards, Mark