Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Insert function

"Claus Busch" wrote in message

Am Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:18:58 +0100 schrieb Emrys Davies:

I am learning how to use Excel 2007. I have successfully entered column
headings with a view to keeping a record of crown green bowling scores.
However, when I enter 21/12 in an appropriate column it changes to
21-Dec.
How can I ensure that this does not happen?

if you want to calculate with the values put them in 2 cells. If not
format the cell as text before you enter the data.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Thanks a lot. It worked really well.