Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] natalie.ollinger@gmail.com is offline

Default Excel Issue with "Average" showing in Status Bar

I have a large file of data, and there are some columns that do not display the average in the status bar, it only shows the count. I right clicked to make sure average is selected, and it is. The columns are all formatted the same way (general), so I cannot for the life of me figure out why I'm having this issue. If I type in the numbers in a separate column it allows me to see the average, but if I copy and paste special- values, it won't work. Anyone had this issue and know why it's not showing in random cells, even though they appear to be exactly the same (formatting, etc.)?