Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Using checkbox to change cell color

Hi,

Am Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:45:46 +0100 schrieb Janellec1986:

Cell A2-E2 states: Account for all non-essential personnel.
The check box is in cell A2.
When I click the check box, I would like the cells where the text is
(A2-E2) to highlight green. I have approximately 50 checkboxes in my
spreadsheet and I'm assuming if I learn how to do the first one, the
rest will be the same with the exception of changing the cell numbers.

I would not put 50 checkboxes into a sheet. If you filter the data the
checkboxes don't stay in place.
Make a helper column and format as "Webdings" and write a "a" in it or
delete it. You can highlight the cells then with Conditional Fotmatting
Please have a look:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for "HighlightCells".
Rightclick and download the file to see the formula in the Conditional
Formatting and how this works.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional