Janellec1986 Janellec1986 is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation Using checkbox to change cell color

Hello. I am very new to excel. At work, I was tasked with creating a checklist that when you click the check box, the cell turns green. I have absolutely NO clue how to do this. If someone could explain this to me in detail (again, I don't understand excel jargon) I would greatly appreciate it.

Heres an example:

Cell A2-E2 states: Account for all non-essential personnel.
The check box is in cell A2.
When I click the check box, I would like the cells where the text is (A2-E2) to highlight green. I have approximately 50 checkboxes in my spreadsheet and I'm assuming if I learn how to do the first one, the rest will be the same with the exception of changing the cell numbers.

Thanks in advance!!