Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default i to = column in Formula

I see. The $ symbols need to be removed from the col labels, then,
so the formula adjusts accordingly.
--

That does not work as the formula is "protected" by the " "'s per
this recorded and loop added macro. All the DV lists refer to column

Well that makes sense! I didn't realize this was what you wanted.

I agree the hand made solution is better. There is not a huge outcry
for code generated DV's anyway.

True, but still needs to be done when needed. For example, I have an
Invoicing: Simple Bookkeeping app that allows users to customize the
ChartOfAccounts as per the following design...

The app uses dependant DVs on the Expenses/Income/Summary sheets that
ref the account categories, which are dynamic named ranges local to a
hidden sheet named "Lists". (All lists are stored here) This feature
requires me to create dynamic named ranges for new account categories
once they exceed the number of built-in spares. In this scenario I add
a dynamic defined name range for new categories, otherwise I rename the
spares to the user-specified value.

The structure allows for Account/SubAccount categories only, and
user-defined categories can only be added to the "Other" main category
for expenses. (Thus 'Expenses' and 'Other Expenses')

This is deliberate because the Summary sheet is constructed to conform
to our Tax Agency e-file guidelines, and so the main list of expense
categories is defined by the Revenue Agency form for filing personal
tax returns. The Income categories are not restricted in any way, so
this is the most used case for adding dynamic ranges for the DVs on the
3 sheets that use them.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!