Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default is it possible to ask excel to input from another sheet?

"sumesh56" wrote:
[joeu2004 wrote:]
Would you like me to add code to the macro so the
formulas in column F are created automatically?

kindly do that for me.

Download makeDistrib.bas from https://app.box.com/s/buzzwbxemee7xgnr4dgz.

In addition to creating the formulas in column F, the new version also
creates the SUM formula in the cell of column G for each table.

You can import the file into any workbook by doing the following in VBA (not
Excel):

1. Click on File, then Import File.
2. Navigate to the folder into which you downloaded the file
3. Enter makeDistrib.bas into the File Name field.
4. Click on Open.

"sumesh56" wrote:
kindly create one more macro named createtemplate so
that when i click on the seatingplan! and run the
createtemplate macro i can get the distribution template.

I'm sorry, but I do not have time to do that.

"sumesh56" wrote:
[joeu2004 wrote:]
As I said: in VBA, click on Run, then Reset.

i do not understand how to reset. when i clicked on the
macros button in the code group i get run btn but not
reset btn. there is nothing like reset in the options also.

I think you are describing features that you see in Excel.

I am talking about features that you would see __in_VBA__.

Start by opening the VBA window. There are many ways to accomplish that,
starting in Excel.

1. Press alt+F11.

or

2. Click on Developer, then Visual Basic.

or

3. Right-click on a worksheet tab, then click on View Code.

In the VBA window, click on Run, then Reset.

You might also want to double-click on Modules in the Project Explorer
(press ctrl+R first, if necessary), then double-click on the normal module
name that contains the makeDistrib code.

"sumesh56" wrote:
everytime i search for the necessary lines in the postings
to quote the link with the excelbanter is going.
[....] please suggest how can i insert quote tag wherever i want?

[....]
in your feedback some lines are in different color say green.
how do you accomplish this?

These are excelbanter.com usage questions. I cannot answer them because I
do not use excelbanter.com.

I did set the color of text. Excelbanter.com is doing that automatically.