sumesh56 sumesh56 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumesh56 View Post
"That said, my only frustration is that you do not answer questions, and you
do not provide information requested. Something to keep in mind for the
future."
"I inferred that you had copied the macro code into a sheet module instead of
a normal module because you wrote previously: "i copy pasted your code to a
new sheet".
what you have inferred was correct. i used to manage with the sheet tab for inserting the code.

"As I said: in VBA, click on Run, then Reset."
i do not understand how to reset. when i clicked on the macros button in the code group i get run btn but not reset btn.there is nothing like reset in the options also.that is why i asked you again.
""I wish that never happen. hope that your macro is so strong.""
sorry for the poor english. what i intended was,since your macro seems perfect,there will be chance for me to quote a file in which your macro is not working properly.

"1. Column F of the Distribution worksheet is missing the formulas of the
form (F4 for example):

=IF(COUNT(D4,E4)=2,E4-D4+1,"")

Consequently, the SUM formula in column G always returns zero.

Would you like me to add code to the macro so the formulas in column F are
created automatically?

kindly do that for me."
here i requested you to kindly include the formula in the code.
"i have checked it in a few files and it works without any
problem."
with this comment i wanted to convey that after incorporating your directions as to edit the customize part, the code is working perfect.that is why i did not answer the qtns. sorry for that.

1. Do you need to change seatingTitle, perhaps from "exam room" to just
"room"?

(Not necessary in the "test jasua 240314" file.)

2. Do you need to change distribWS and seatingWS?
i do not want to change the exam room title to anything else.it is ok.
as you have suggested ,
yes it was necessary for the code to perform . so i changed the customize part as suggested.
everytime i search for the necessary lines in the postings to quote the link with the excelbanter is going. so i am doing it in a text file and copy paste the comments. thats why i am not able to show the quoted part in my feedback.please suggest how can i insert quote tag wherever i want?
in your feedback some lines are in different color say green. how do you accomplish this?

Now that a herculian task has been accomplished through creating makedistib macro i would like to request you to kindly create one more macro named createtemplate so that when i click on the seatingplan! and run the createtemplate macro i can get the distribution template. as you know there is no serious differences except the col headers. other columns are the same.
pls read as
sorry for the poor english. what i intended was,since your macro seems perfect,there will be no chance for me to quote a file in which your macro is not working properly.