sumesh56 sumesh56 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeu2004[_2_] View Post
"sumesh56" wrote:[color=blue][i]

The file attached to the excelbanter.com posting was saved as "xlsx" instead
of "xlsm", so the macro was removed. Consequently, I cannot see what might
be wrong with it.

Looking at the Excel part of "test jasua 240314.xlsx", I see the following
potential problems:

1. Column F of the Distribution worksheet is missing the formulas of the
form (F4 for example):

=IF(COUNT(D4,E4)=2,E4-D4+1,"")

Consequently, the SUM formula in column G always returns zero.

Would you like me to add code to the macro so the formulas in column F are
created automatically?

2. The "CUSTOMIZE" part of the macro must be changed as follows:

Set distribWS = Sheet2 ' template
Set seatingWS = Sheet1

This is because the Seating worksheet is the Sheet1 object and the
Distribution worksheet is the Sheet2 object in the "test jasua 240314" file.

That is opposite of the original file "test seating plan 210314".

1. Do you need to change seatingTitle, perhaps from "exam room" to just
"room"?

(Not necessary in the "test jasua 240314" file.)

2. Do you need to change distribWS and seatingWS?

(Yes, this necessary in the "test jasua 240314" file, as noted above.

Download the JPG at https://app.box.com/s/4qnrxcw6pthp6g52qtug to see what
might need to be changed in the "CUSTOMIZE" part of the macro, and how.
thanks a lot for the reply. i am ashamed to see that lot of trouble i am giving to you. but sorry. as i told you earlier i am not an expert in using macro. indeep this is the first time i am using one. only recently i am studying about macro. out of curiosity only i am asking silly (it may seem to others)Qtns.let me check and report back.have a nice day.