Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Issue with blanks and spaces

I ran the Titles code in your revision and it worked pretty fast, but had about 100 duplicates. I used the "remove duplicates" feature on the Data tab and it found about 100 each time I ran the code and checked.

So, maybe the revised code with some more code at the end to remove duplicates is the answer. There would only be about 11,900 non duplicated entries but that might a workable solution.

The goal is for Titles to produce 12,000 single phrases in column A, with no duplicates.

Entries like this are considered a duplicate.

Greetings to you! Ordering a King Std Top? On Hand 65% savings!
Greetings to you! Ordering a King Std Top? On Hand 65% savings!

Entries like these are not duplicates.

BuenosDias - Fishing for a Contemporary Serta Queen Set? . $below retail.
BuenosDias - Pursing a Current Beauty Rest-Bed? $$ under retail.
Buenos dias! Buying that King Comfort Set? Full Line $$ below retail,

The goal for Descriptions is to produce 2,000 entries in column A where each entry will be up to 6 individual phrases per entry.

No duplicates allowed with Descriptions also. And it seems duplicates in the Descriptions are very rare. Probably because of the multiple phrases in each entry.

As far as need the columns AE:AO, I cannot say. Speed of the code and avoiding duplicates is paramount concern. If they can be eliminated that is okay.

I have tested the Titles in a one sheet workbook that does nothing but the 12,000 rows of single phrase entries, and the duplicates range between 0 and 4 on any given run of the code. The well written code spits the 12,000 entries out in about 1 second. That speed and that small amount of duplicates would be acceptable.

I did notice in the workbook I sent that some of the comments in the code are inaccurate, my bad and I am sorry if that caused confusion. Best to ignore them and the goals for the code is as I have stated above or as close as we can get to them.

Howard