Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Issue with blanks and spaces

Hi Claus,

Some advice please.

The "Title Builder" and "Description Builder" worksheets are my focus here.
I have found that if I run either Description or Title macros, they take about 190 seconds plus another 90 seconds to complete.

12,000 Titles and 2000 Descriptions to column A on their respective sheets.
The GOOD news is that duplicates are very very rare. Have yet to find one on the Description sheet and Titles I usually get from 0 to 3. These are very acceptable results.

The BAD news is the length of time to run the codes.

I have tried Calculation set to manual on both codes and the time is very acceptable, about 1 second.
The major BAD news with this is that the duplicates occur at a huge and unacceptable level. So I guess there are some necessary calculations not happening and the duplications occur.

I'm open to suggestions, perhaps do those Titles and Descriptions calculations in a separate workbook/s and transfer the data to the proper columns on the main workbook..??

This is a Demo main workbook if you need to see anything on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz387bfi02...p%20B ox.xlsm

Thanks.
Howard