sumesh56 sumesh56 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumesh56 View Post
thanks a lot for the help done so far. I have downloaded your macro enabled file.there are three sheets.It is not clear for me where is the result displayed. I am not able to understand what exactly has to do.I have not the experience of using macros. shall I ask?
1)I want to try your code.Please instruct me in detail what to do.
2)In my original ws,the rows where the data started were not identical in both the sheets. In seating plan it started from row 2 whereas in distribution it started from row6. can i delete the upper blank rows in sheet distribution without affecting your code?
3)To work your code,what are the things I must have?If I have only the sheet seatingplan and if I apply your code to it will I get the distribution sheet as an effect of the macro? Or should I have the distribution! with blank cells from C:E to get the results? thanks.
i copy pasted your code to a new sheet at the end of the sheets already in my file named testseatingplan210314.and when i run the macro it gives me error message, it says "can't excecute code in break mode".in the code the word befo is highlighted.(loop until i=nData
sort by roll number
sheets.Add befo =sheets(1)