sumesh56 sumesh56 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeu2004[_2_] View Post
"sumesh56" wrote:
4)i want something like this---

a)IF seatingplan!B4:E7,"=601"and "<=650",then copy
and paste the contents from seatingplan!B4=distribution!C4 and
seatingplan!D4:E7=distribution!D4:E4.

b)IF seatingplan!B12:E15,"=601"and "<=650",then copy
and paste the contents from seatingplan!B12=distribution!C5 and
seatingplan!D12:E15=distribution!D5:E5.

c)IF seatingplan!B22:E25,"=601"and "<=650",then copy
and paste the contents from seatingplan!B22=distribution!C6 and
seatingplan!D22:E25=distribution!D6:E6.

d)IF seatingplan!B33:E36,"=601"and "<=650",then copy
and paste the contents from seatingplan!B33=distribution!C7 and
seatingplan!D33:E36=distribution!D7:E7.

Sorry, but I cannot help you with that. I think it is a flawed approach,
lacking in generality.

Hopefully someone else will jump in.
thanks a lot for the help done so far. I have downloaded

your macro enabled file.there are three sheets.It is not

clear for me where is the result displayed. I am not able

to understand what exactly has to do.I have not the

experience of using macros. shall I ask?
1)I want to try your code.Please instruct me in detail

what to do.
2)In my original ws,the rows where the data started were

not identical in both the sheets. In seating plan it

started from row 2 whereas in distribution it started from

row6. can i delete the upper blank rows in sheet

distribution without affecting your code?
3)To work your code,what are the things I must have?If I

have only the sheet seatingplan and if I apply your code

to it will I get the distribution sheet as an effect of

the macro? Or should I have the distribution! with blank

cells from C:E to get the results? thanks.