Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default is it possible to ask excel to input from another sheet?

"sumesh56" wrote:
C4-E4 of the sheet named"seating plan"matches with C8-E8 of the sheet
named distribution.likewise C12-E12 matches with C9-E9 and C22-E22 with
C10-E10 and C48-E48 with C11-E11.the seating plan says that in XII-A
Examroom students belonging to classes XI-A,X-A,IX-B AND VIII-A are
accomodated.thus total of 40 students are accomodated in XII-A.There are
36 students in class XI-A ROLL NUMBERS 601-636.they are accomodated in
four examrooms viz XII-A,XII-B,XI-A AND X-B.
We have assigned rollnumbers like this--
601 to 650 will be in class XI-A and 651 to 699 will be in class XI-B.
This procedure will continue for all classes. so is it possible to
connect something with the rollnumbers? when you sort rollnumbers 601 to
650 all the students who belong to class XI-A will come
together.601=class XI,500=X,400=IX,600=VIII,200=CLASS VII AND 100=
CLASS VI. the result will be the sheet named "distribution " . thanks

Our posting crossed in the ether(net). I had inferred your algorithm. I
have not compared my inference to your description above. Please let me
know if I missed anything.