"DSpec" wrote:
I checked and it is not seeded. Every time I exit the worksheet and then
return, the random numbers generated are the same - I am generating 48
columns and 50 rows and my answers are always the same

Hmm, you might need to talk to an MVP or search the Microsoft KB.
Effectively, you __are__ seeding the RNG. The only way I know how
to do that is the method I described (Tools - Data Analysis -
Random Number Generator). Apparently, there is another way.

I say that you are "seeding" the RNG because what you describe is
a predictable, repeatable sequence of random numbers, not merely
a repeat appearance of some of the random numbers. But there are
possible explanations ....

What happens if you press F9 after you enter the worksheeet? Is it
possible that you disabled auto-calculation (Tools - Options -
Calculation)?

Exactly what formula do you have in one or more of the 48x50 cells
that you believe should have random results? Is it possible that you
are mistaken about your formula being truly random, in the first
place?

Perhaps you have an error in your formula that is causing the
evaluation to be non-random. A trivial example: 5 + 0*RAND().