Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Issue with blanks and spaces

On Monday, March 17, 2014 2:14:59 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Howard,

Am Mon, 17 Mar 2014 00:08:00 -0700 (PDT) schrieb L. Howard:

If Len(Trim$(Tlt)) 0 Then ActiveCell.Value = Tlt

why has range D46:N65 no data?

Or how should it be filled?

Regards

Claus B.

On Monday, March 17, 2014 2:14:59 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Howard,

Am Mon, 17 Mar 2014 00:08:00 -0700 (PDT) schrieb L. Howard:

If Len(Trim$(Tlt)) 0 Then ActiveCell.Value = Tlt

why has range D46:N65 no data?

Or how should it be filled?

Hi Claus,

Range D46:N65 is blank as a matter of normal use. It is filled manually by placing certain words in each column D, F, H, J, L, M. Then a single word from each column produces a short phrase.

I don't know exactly why it is blank, except the user may only want 5 individual short phrases in each result returned to column A. May also only want 4 short phrases in the column A return, so 2 of those colored ranges could be blank.

You most likely picked up that each of those section (above and below the D46:N65 blank range) provide the words for a randomly selected phrase. So if all sections are filled with words then there would be 6 short phrases in each cell in column A.

That is why I thought the solution should be manipulating the data in column A rather rewrite all the main code. The code works very well as written.

Howard