Dond13 Dond13 is offline
Junior Member

Default Calculation based on year of entry

As background, I am what you might call and advanced novice. I am 81 years old and could have done this myself 20 years ago, but as I age, my ability to concentrate dwindles and I can't resolve conflicts in logic as well as I could years ago. I was teaching programming in 1967 and was involved in software development and maintenance until retirement in 1996, but my involvement has steadily decreased over the years. I am only trying to keep up with the spreadsheet work to keep my mind active

I have developed a spreadsheet, based on an Amortization of a loan. I am actually trying to calculate the total interest in Column "F" that is paid each year, based on the date in Column B. I have a column "I" that contains the year and column "J" that will be the total for that year. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

.