Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Lookup or search using the * character

Hi Steve,

Am Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:03:57 +0000 schrieb Steve Venianakis:

I have an extensive database of customer names, addresses and other
pertinent information. I want to create a separate search sheet where I
input the first two or three letters of the name followed by the *
character. I need a formula or VBA function that will return the
results from the database to the search sheet. There may be multiple
entries matching the input description and I want them listed all.

why don't you filter the names with text filter = Starts with?
Or you start the advanced filter from the new sheet.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2