Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] oldyork90@yahoo.com is offline

Default sheet event wait for another event?

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:57:28 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Optionally, if you require the caller on the roster sheet be written to

a specific cell on the report sheet...

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)

Sheets("Report").Range("CallerID") = Target.Parent

End Sub

..which assumes the cell is named "CallerID", and it has local scope.

--

Garry

I did write information. I did this on the sheet containing the hyperlink cell:
Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)

Dim oWs As Worksheet: set oWs = openWorksheetByCodeName(SHEET_IT_OWNER)
oWs.Range("from_hyper_link").Value = Target.Name

Set oWs = Nothing

End Sub

Not the same info but same idea. Since event management doesn't look like a good idea I'll try writing the report from the followhyperlink event itself.