Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected][_2_] oitbso@yahoo.com[_2_] is offline

Default Command Button Question

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:36:39 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:34:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:14:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:57:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:21:03 PM UTC-6, ron wrote:

I have a Command Button that I created using the Controls Toolbox.. The Command Button is placed on a worksheet. What code do I need in the "Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()" macro to capture the name and caption of the Command Button after it has been clicked?..TIA, Ron

Building a toggle? If it was actX, something like this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim s As String: s = CommandButton1.Caption

MsgBox s

End Sub

My bad. I should have pointed out that I have 12 command buttons (commandbutton1 through commandbutton12) and 12 modules, so it is not always commandbutton1. Once I click on the command button and I'm in whichever module, how then can I determine the name and caption of the command button that was clicked?..Ron

I take it its a form button. As I understand it actX parts each have an event. The form button has a "macro" assigned to it. In the same (sub) do this:

Dim button_name As String: button_name = Application.Caller

And aside: ... don't ever hide this button

Oops... that won't give you the caption. Hummm.... Ignore that.

no, it's not a form button, it's a command button from the control toolbox; application.caller doesn't work for such a button