Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CharlieCC CharlieCC is offline

Default SUMIF Help

Greetings.

I am running a silent auction and would like to sort the bids by bidder and then total each person's sum. In other words, the same person may bid on multiple items that are not sequential. However, no names are entered, rather, each person has a unique bid number (in this case the numbers begin at 500). Obviously, entering each bidder's number is not an efficient way (100-150 potential bidders!). What does the formula look like so that a couple of clicks will give me the information I need?

I won't even bother you with what I've tried.

Thanks for all your help.

Charlie