Sking Sking is offline
Junior Member

Default Match issue

Hi,

I'm using this as part of a larger formula, but I think I've narrowed the issue down to MATCH.
I've taken out a small section of the sheets I'm working on to experiment on, it consists of one sheet with 5 numbers in a column, and a second sheet with 5 numbers and =MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0).
One of these numbers matches and should give me a value (rather than the #N/A I'm getting).

If I type in the matching value manually it does work and match gives me a value of 1 (as it should). - this isn't practical for the full dataset though.

I've changed the format of both sets of numbers (to both general and number) so I don't think it's a simple format issue.

I've checked for a ' before the number or spaces after.

Does anyone have any ideas about what else I could try?

Let me know if I've missed anything out or more information is needed.

Thanks

Last edited by Sking : February 18th 14 at 10:29 PM