Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Run code from another workbook

On Monday, February 17, 2014 3:39:44 AM UTC-8, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Howard,

Am Mon, 17 Feb 2014 03:24:35 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:

I have tried saving everything as Excel Macro-Enabled and have the .xlsm extension but nothing works.

No error number, just yellows out the first line of Application.Run...etc.

for me it works fine.

Could there be trailing spaces into the workbook name?

Try:

Application.Run "'Book_A.xls'!AbookToLong"

Application.Run "'Book_AA.xls'!AAbookToLong"

with single quotes around the name

Regards

Claus B.

--

Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2

Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

That is encouraging.

Could you put your example on the Skye thing, time permitting.

May help me trouble shoot my problem.

Meanwhile I will give things another doing over.

Thanks.

Howard