Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Abhijeet Gudur Abhijeet Gudur is offline

Default recordset vs collection

Only if same record is accessed by multiple users,there is a chance it will error.
You can introduce a key field and for records in review you can tick them while it's open. If record is ticked no other user can modify the records,but view is closed key field can be unchecked.

On Thursday, 13 February 2014 16:07:13 UTC+5:30, Keith Willis wrote:
Hi all I'm developing a project thats going to be a excel front end to a SQL db. One part of the required functionality is that you performa a search on the database and return possibly mutliple records for review or amendment on a userform. Normally i read data from a recordset into a collection so i'm not constantly requerying the db, but it's occoured to me for this that if i use a collection and close the recordset then it';s concievably possible that another user might access one of the already open records and change the data leading to a concurrancy problem. Would using a recordset to return the results and use as the source for the data displayed in the form solve this problem? Thanks Keith