Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Sharing workbooks limitations - Merged Cells

Merged cells, both in the vba coding and on the sheet for formatting seem to be stopping the sharing of a workbook.

When I read this Note: does it say that merged cells are NOT supported so you must be sure to add them BEFORE sharing and then they will work okay?

Or are merged cells just plain not allowed in a shared workbook?

I know very little about sharing workbooks and have never done so myself. I sent a workbook to a OP and that person wants to use it as a shared workbook and it is not working because of merged cells.

Thanks,
Howard

Note: Not all features are fully supported in a shared workbook. If you want to include any of the following features, you should add them before you save the workbook as a shared workbook. You cannot make changes to these features after you share the workbook.

Features that are not supported in a shared workbook
IN A SHARED WORKBOOK, YOU CANNOT: HOWEVER, THIS FUNCTIONALITY IS AVAILABLE:
Create an Excel table
Insert or delete blocks of cells You can insert entire rows and columns
Delete worksheets
Merge cells or split merged cells