Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Excel 95 equivalent of modern events?

GS wrote:

I recently was given an ancient beast of a laptop with Office 95
installed. I'm looking into using that as my main "on the road"
machine, but there are some difficulties, and I hope someone here
remembers enough about this 19-year-old version to answer.

1) In my main .xlsm workbook, I have a *lot* of things going on in
Workbook_BeforeSave and Workbook_SheetChange. Is there anything
equivalent in 95?

2) Any "gotchas" I need to be aware of, especially opening &
saving a 95-formatted workbook in Excel 2007 or 2010? (I already
know that Excel removes all VBA when converting to 95 format.)

Sorry but.., this just begs me to ask why not install a newer version?

Believe me, I would *LOVE* to install something newer. Even 97 would be
better than this... but the CD-ROM drive is broken, the machine is so old it
doesn't have USB, I don't own a serial or parallel CD-ROM drive, I can't get
the NIC to work, and I don't have a floppy version of Office newer than
4.something for Win3.x. ;-) (I doubt the disks are even good, anyway.
They've been sitting in a box for something like 15 years now, and probably
hadn't been used for a few years before that.)

Honestly, if I didn't use the hell out of my macros, this wouldn't be that
big of a deal. And really, if it comes down to it, I can do without the
macros, it'll just make more work for me at the end of the day.

--
Giggling bushes? That's not something you hear every day.