multipurpose multipurpose is offline
Junior Member

Post

I am having the same problem as Debra. And Bills workaround works for me too. The sheet is not protected nor share.

DOES ANYONE HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM?
shift + f2 does not work when trying to edit existing excel comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif View Post
Share Workbook is turned off.

Bills work around also works for me.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

If the workbook is shared (ToolsShare Workbook), you can only edit
comments that you have added since the file was last saved.

You can delete the existing comment (EditClearComments), and insert a
new one.

Could that be the problem?

Leif wrote:
Bill,

I have the same issue. I see no one answered your post. Did you find a
solution?

"Bill" wrote:

I have inserted comments in numerous cells on an excel spreadsheet and have
always been able to edit and insert new information, NOW I can no longer edit
any cell that has a comment inserted.
I can still insert new comments in an empty cell and edit them.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List