Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Stephens Mark Stephens is offline

Default Baffled with assignment of range to array why won't it work??? Anyhelp appreciated

I usually refer to Chip pearson 's page when I want to use arrays here's his instructions which seem very straightforward:

Dim Arr() As Variant ' declare an unallocated array.
Arr = Range("A1:C5")' Arr is now an allocated array

Here is my code which appears to follow his insturctions but when I check it the array is empty:

Dim MyArray() As Variant

With Workbooks(psRefFileName).Sheets(1)

MyArray = Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1000, 4))

End With

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong it seems fine to me, why on earth will the array not collect the range assignment?

Any help very much appreciated

Kind regards, Mark