Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] oldyork90@yahoo.com is offline

Default single cell time entry as time - time; Ever seen this?

Has anyone ever seen time entered as '7:00 - 9:00' in a TIME formatted cell? (It does allow the entry)

VarType returns string. vba attempts to calculate the difference directly fails - which makes sense to me.

I'm guessing I'll have to isolate these values, convert and calculate elapsed time. The noon and midnight rollovers (12hr clock) is also something I have to deal with manually.

Sound right?, - I've just never seen time used like this. Client insists on this format.

Thank you