Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Border formatting row of cells

On Friday, January 24, 2014 7:37:36 PM UTC-8, isabelle wrote:
hi Howard,

here is another example, hoping that this one might help you more

Sub test()

Dim lgn As Range

Dim i As Integer, y As Integer

Dim xledging

'xlEdgeLeft, xlEdgeRight, xlEdgeTop, xlEdgeBottom, xlInsideVertical,

xlInsideHorizontal, xlDiagonalUp, xlDiagonalDown

xledging = Array(xlEdgeLeft, xlEdgeRight, xlEdgeTop, xlEdgeBottom,

xlInsideVertical)

Set lgn = Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _

"Please select a row with your Mouse to be bolded.", _

Title:="SPECIFY ROW", Type:=8)

For i = 26 To 45 Step 2 ' column Z to column AS, , two cells at once

(Step 2)

For y = LBound(xledging) To UBound(xledging) ' 5 xledging 0 to 4

With Range(Cells(lgn.Row, i), Cells(lgn.Row, i + 1)).Borders(xledging(y))

.LineStyle = xlContinuous

.ColorIndex = 0

.TintAndShade = 0

If i = 26 And y = 0 Then .Weight = xlMedium ' test if is the first

cell and xlEdgeLeft

If i = 44 And y = 1 Then .Weight = xlMedium ' test if is the last

cell and xlEdgeRight

If y = 4 Then .Weight = xlHairline ' 4 = xlInsideVertical

End With

Next

Next

End Sub

isabelle

I really like the compactness of this, hope I can adapt it.

I copied to a standard module and ran it, selected a row from Z to AS on prompt and hit enter. Get a Type Mismatch on this line.

For y = LBound(xledging) To UBound(xledging) ' 5 xledging 0 to 4

Am I using the code correctly selecting Z to AS?

I have had some success in using the code I posted in the link, where I can make it skip the colored cells. But it is a bit quirky on the sheet with some kinks to iron out.

The code is waaaay long and a ton of With / End With and same with Selection. But it does run quite quickly.

Can you elaborate a bit on how and what I should do with your code.

Sure appreciate it.

Howard