Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Password protecting multiple pages, and then some.

'GS[_2_ Wrote:
;1615775']I forgot to mention you can also uncheck the *Select
locked cells*
option in the *Protect sheet* dialog when setting protection.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---
protection is active.

They need to be unhidden and I need to know a way to
protect/unprotect all pages at one time since I work on some 70+
pages daily.

But you stated you did not want peaople to see the formulas!! When the
sheet is protected the formulas are not viewable but their results are
viewable because the cell remains visible.

Also, you need to apply protection to each sheet individually. This
requires looping through the Worksheets collection. There are a couple
ways to go with this:

1. Write a macro to protect all sheets when manually executed. Perhaps
something like...

Sub SetProtection()
Dim Wks As Worksheet
For Each Wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
Wks.Protect Password:="pwd"
Next
End Sub

...which doesn't require this macro be in the workbook being protected.

2. Have this done automatically via ThisWorkbook.Sheet_Activate event
whenever a worksheet is activated. (This requires macros be allowed
because the code must reside in the workbook)

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Sh.Protect Password:="pwd"
End Sub

HTH