Capitano Capitano is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Govier[_8_] View Post
Hi John

Regrettably not.
You could do it though with some event code on your sheet

Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Columns("A:E")
If Not Intersect(Target, rng) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = UCase(Target.Value)
Application.EnableEvents = True

In this example, columns A to E inclusive will have their values cahnged
to upper case. You could make rng a single column, or, no contiguous
columns such as ("A", "D", "G")

To use
Copy code above.
Right click on your sheet tabView code
Paste code into white pane that appears
Alt+F11 to return to Excel

Regards
Roger Govier

John Cutler wrote:
Is it possible to pre-format a column of cells as "text" such that any
entered text will automatically be converted to UPPER CASE?

For example, entering lower "x" will be 'forced' by the formatting to
automatically appear as cap "X".

This would be comparable to database software that I use wherein I can
assign a "field input mask" to a data entry field that "forces" all text
entries to UPPER CASE.

Thanks,

John
Thanks Roger, this worked with me like a charm.
Have a good day.