Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
magmike[_2_] magmike[_2_] is offline

Default DREAM FEATU A macro that moves a row but asks me where to move it

Sweet again! So is there not a way to remove the rngSource from the sheet?

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:28:04 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Sweet. Thank you! I'm curious if it is possible to do the followong: 1. Just move cells A:AP (not the entire row) 2. Just move the values without formatting 3. Move the row I select as destination down instead of overwriting 4. Delete the empty space caused by the move Using 'Insert' can shift the destination cells down and put the source values in the resulting space. (No need to delete) This does nothing to the source cells... Sub CopySelection() Dim rngSource As Range, rngTarget As Range, lRow& Const sPrompt$ = "Select the destination row position" lRow = Selection.Row Set rngSource = ActiveSheet.Range("A" & lRow & ":AP" & lRow) Set rngTarget = Application.InputBox(Prompt:=sPrompt, _ Title:="Move Rows", Type:=8) If rngTarget Is Nothing Then Exit Sub With rngTarget.Resize(1, rngSource.Columns.Count) .Insert: .Offset(-1).Value = rngSource.Value End With End Sub -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org Classic VB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion --- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com