Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default DREAM FEATU A macro that moves a row but asks me where to move it

I would love to have a macro, that when a button is pushed, will move
the selected row (or A:AP) and asked me where to move it. I don't
know if a pop-up message box with buttons to push or a combo box with
selections to click or another way is best, but based on the
selections picked would move the row either to a new place on the
current sheet or to another sheet. For example:

"Potential" = sheet2 (inserted above row 3)
"Future" = sheet3 (inserted above row 3)
"Ageement Sent" = insert above row 3 on current sheet

When the macro has completed, I would like the previous row not to be
left empty but to be deleted.

M I asking too much of Excel?

Thanks in advance,
magmike

Check out Application.InputBox! This will allow users to select a range
in any sheet of any open workbook, simply by setting its 'Type'
property. Your code should grab a ref to the currently selected row,
use 'Cut' and specify the range returned by Application.InputBox as the
destination to 'Insert cut cells'. Presumably, you want the shift
'xlDown'!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!