Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default Excellent code now a question of Feasibility

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:37:46 PM UTC-8, GS wrote:
Howard,

I haven't looked at your sample workbook yet but are you trying to

'build' items with various component content so that the 'item' ends up

being a 'package' of specific components?

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Yes, that is pretty much the idea. The components are electrical parts of plugs and receptacles. You match up the parts to make an "item" (plug or receptacle) and then with some yet to be developed code a price will be determined and probably some discount applied at certain volumes etc. Still a bit of a moving target at this point.

One of the "has to be's" of the workbook is that it can be used by someone with zero computer knowledge. I don't buy completely into that concept, a few hours training seems appropriate, but it's not my show.

As an aside, the reason I made this generic workbook which uses nearly all the same cell locations as the original the OP offered up is because the original was so laden with merged cells and an pretty neat method that would post a drawing of the plug and receptacle once all the components were selected. Down side was I would test some simple code to make sure I was on track and often the workbook would freeze up and crash. Took about a minute to open and the same to save.

Howard