Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
San[_4_] San[_4_] is offline

Default countifs Function not giving desired result with date criteria

Hi,

I have a table where the Column A has dates in sequential format, Column B contains the Average temperature values as on respective dates, Column C contains Average Pressure values as on respective dates.

When I am using Countifs(A2:A200,"=01/04/2013",B2:B200,"=505",C2:C200,"=87"), I am getting the correct count

But if I use a cell reference for a date, like, Countifs(A2:A200,"=A2", B2:B200.....) where cell A2 contains 01/04/2013, the formula is not working.

How can I use the Countifs function correctly with a "between dates criteria",where the dates are referenced from cells

Thanks

San